SAHYOG HOSPITAL is committed to provide international treatment facility at affordable cost and to attract patient from all over the country. We are dedicated to establish this hospital as the finest medical destination to all kinds of peoploe in the country.
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India (QCI), set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. The board while being supported by all stakeholders including industry, consumers, government, have full functional autonomy in its operation. For details, please read "About NABH".
- A public recognition of the achievement of accreditation standards by a healthcare organization, demonstrated through an independent external peer assessment of that organization's level of performance in relation to the standards.
- 1). Commitment to create a culture of quality, patient safety, efficiency and accountability towards patient care.
2). Establishment of protocols and policies as per National/International Standards for patient care, medication management, consent process, patient safety, clinical outcomes, medical records, infection control and staffing.
3). Patients are treated with respect, dignity and courtesy at all times.
4). Patients are involved in care planning and decision making.
5). Patients are treated by qualified and trained staff.
6). Feedback from patients is sought and complaints (if any) are addressed.
7). Transparency in billing and availability of tariff list.
8). Continuous monitoring of its services for improvement.
9). Commitment to prevent adverse events that may occur.
- 1). Accreditation benefits all Stake Holders. Patients are the biggest beneficiaries. Accreditation results in high quality of care and patient safety. The patients get services by credential medical staff. Rights of patients are respected and protected. Patient satisfaction is regularly evaluated.
2). Accreditation to a Hospital stimulates continuous improvement. It enables hospital in demonstrating commitment to quality care. It raises community confidence in the services provided by the hospital. It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
3). The Staff in an accredited hospital are satisfied lot as it provides for continuous learning, good working environment, leadership and above all ownership of clinical processes. It improves overall professional development of Clinicians and Paramedical staff and provides leadership for quality improvement within medicine and nursing.
4). Accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other Third Parties. Accreditation provides access to reliable and certified information on facilities, infrastructure and level of care.
- The International Organization for standardization (ISO) is a network of the National Standards institutes of 151 Countries on the basis of one member per country.
Sahyog Hospital Patna, is a first few hospital in Bihar to be awarded an ISO 9001:2015 Certification.The ISO 9000 series is concerned with "Quality Management". It's a Certification affirming the organization ability to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer and applicable regulatory requirements and continually to improve its performance in this regards.